The Board Leadership Forum, run in partnership with Deloitte, is a unique peer network of board chairs and lead directors of public and private corporations that meets twice per year to engage on the distinctive challenges and opportunities they face. Chairs and lead directors now have a more important role than ever. Activist shareholders, challenging economies, geopolitical changes, and other disparate forces have placed the traditional boardroom model under siege. The Board Leadership Forum offers a place for chairs and lead directors to work through those challenges with, and learn from, their distinguished peers. Sessions of the Forum are designed to be interactive, encouraging robust discussion among the group and with the influential guests invited to discuss the latest issues, research, trends and perspectives on topics most relevant to today’s board leaders.
Recent sessions have featured discussions on:
- The Business Roundtable’s “Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation” –Where do We Go from Here?:a discussion with Maria Ghazal of the Business Roundtable and Holly Gregory of Sidley Austin
- ESG –Perspectives from an Investor, Board Director, and Chief Governance Officer: an insightful fireside chat with Michelle Edkins (BlackRock) and Peggy Foran (Prudential)
- The rise of private markets and implications for public companies: a discussion with Jim Millstein, co-chairman of Guggenheim Securities, and Eric Talley, co-director of Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Ownership
- Culture, leadership, and activism: an interactive workshop with peer-group discussion
- An activist’s perspective: a fireside chat with Nelson Peltz, CEO of Trian Partners and Theresa Whitmarsh, Executive Director of the Washington State Investment Board
The next session of the Forum will be held on May 12, 2020 in New York City.
If you are a board chair or lead director that is interested in joining the Board Leadership Forum, or for more information, please contact the Center's Executive Director, Kristin Bresnahan, at email@example.com or 212-854-0083.